Last Updated: July 15, 2019
Collection of Information
We collect information to provide the Services to you and to continuously improve the Services.
- Information you voluntarily provide us. We collect and have access to information that you voluntarily give us when you register to become a member or to use the Services, request to rent an event space, subscribe to our newsletters, or communicate with us for other requests. Such information may include personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) about you, such as your name, email address, phone number, address, credit card information, billing address, links to your social media profiles if you choose to use those sites to log in to the Services, job title, company name, and the industry you work in, and any additional information we may gather in the future. The types of information we collect depend on how you use the Services.
Use and Sharing of Information
Palette collects and uses your information to:
- operate our business and provide and improve the Services;
- develop new products and services;
- communicate with you, for example, to inform you of other products or services available from Palette and its business partners; to contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered; to inform you about your account, security updates, and any upcoming changes or improvements of the Services; and to respond to your questions or requests;
- keep track of the websites and pages our users visit when using the Services in order to determine which Services or features are the most popular; and
- deliver customized content and advertising within Palette to users whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Palette does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. We will not share your Personal Information with any third party outside of our organization unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent. We will share your Personal Information with parties outside of Palette when we have your consent to do so. Except for the cases listed below, we require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive Personal Information.
- With service providers and partners. Palette may share your Personal Information with trusted service providers to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, handle payments, arrange for deliveries, or to provide other tasks to help us provide the Services to you. We may also share your Personal Information with our event partners, sponsors, and partner companies that help us provide member perks to help improve your event experience and provide you with discounts and other benefits through the Services. All such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information except to provide these services to Palette, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
- For legal reasons. Palette may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or with the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Palette; (b) enforce our Terms, including investigation of potential violations; (c) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (d) protect and defend the rights or property of Palette; and (e) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Palette, or the public.
The Site or the App may use “cookies” or similar technologies to help you personalize your online experience. The third-party service providers, such as Google Analytics, we use may also implement cookies or similar technologies to collect information about user activities on the Site and the App. See how Google Analytics collects and processes data here:
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenient feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Palette pages, or register with Palette Site or App, a cookie helps Palette to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Palette pages, Site, or App, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Palette features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. However, since declining cookies will render some features of the Services unfunctional, we currently cannot accommodate users from browsers where cookies have been declined or disabled.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
“Do Not Track” (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the DNT, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, Palette does not respond to DNT browser settings or signals.
Your Access to and Control Over Your Information
At Palette, we strive to provide our users with access to and control over their information. You may do the following on your own by going to the communication or privacy settings of your account or using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our communications to you, or by contacting us at [email protected] or (518-450-1529):
- See what information we have about you, if any.
- Change and/or correct any information we have about you.
- Change your privacy setting to allow or disallow others to see your status (e.g., attending an event or checked in to a coworking space).
- Have us delete any information we have about you (subject to our rights to keep it to the extent necessary to comply with applicable law, to enforce our agreements with you, or protect ourselves or others).
- Express any concern you have about our use of your information.
- Opt out of receiving any and all communications from us.
Security of Your Personal Information
Palette has adopted industry standards and best practices to secure your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When Personal Information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. Please know that while we try our best to safeguard your information, no Internet or email transmission is 100% secure, therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute data security.
Children Under Thirteen
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, please do not use or access our Services at any time in any manner.
We encourage you to review the privacy policies of websites you choose to link to from the Services so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or other content on such third-party websites.
Disconnecting Your Account from Third-Party Websites
You will be able to connect your Palette account to third-party accounts, such as your Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google accounts. BY CONNECTING YOUR PALETTE ACCOUNT TO YOUR THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE CONTINUOUS RELEASE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU TO THOSE THIRD-PARTY SITES (IN ACCORDANCE WITH YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS ON THOSE THIRD-PARTY SITES). IF YOU DO NOT WANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, INCLUDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, TO BE SHARED IN THIS MANNER, DO NOT USE THIS FEATURE. You may disconnect your account from a third-party account at any time. Users may learn how to disconnect their accounts from third-party websites by visiting their account page at the “Member Log In” link. Users may also contact us via email or telephone for assistance.
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866